OTO Joins The Gen M Menopause Revolution
We are thrilled to announce that we are now an official partner of GenM, an organisation that encourages brands to recognise and respond to the needs of perimenopausal and menopausal women.
The menopause is more than just hot flushes and mood swings, with over 15.5 million menopausal women in the UK - that's one third of the female population. 75% of menopausal women believe it remains a social taboo that isn't openly discussed. As a result, there is an 'invisible generation' of menopausal and perimenopausal women and transgender individuals suffering through mentally and physically debilitating symptoms, in silence.
GenM, the menopause partner for brands, was cofounded by Heather Jackson and Sam Simister. Together, they founded GenM with a clear mission: to unite responsible brands and organisations to improve the menopause experience, normalise the conversation, and support underserved menopausal consumers and employees. In this way, Heather and Sam aim to empower women to enter this pivotal time in their lives feeling better prepared, educated and without fear.
By aligning with GenM, OTO has committed to being a voice for change and better representing perimenopausal and menopausal women. It’s an important first step towards a positive menopause revolution within our company. By committing to this partnership we are pledging to honour the following policies:
- Become part of a transformative brand-led movement to improve the menopause experience for consumers, clients and colleagues.
- Unite in the education and awareness of the 48 symptoms of the menopause and understand the impact these can have on those affected, both directly and indirectly
- Serve the demand for better showcasing of products and services that can support the 15.5 million menopausal woman in the UK and their support networks.
- Take an active role in better representing the menopausal woman and those in transition in future brand campaigns.
- Be a voice too loud to ignore – a voice for change to normalise the menopause and make it part of our everyday conversations.
- Use our leadership status to encourage other brands, organisations and employers to follow in GenM’s pioneering footsteps for the menopause.
“Menopause ignorance has gone on for too long and it’s our joined responsibility as brands and employers to wake up and unite in representing those in the menopause and their support network. This first-of-its kind movement is raising awareness, educating, and driving real change, and we’re proud for OTO to be a partner” - Heather Jackson, Co-Founder, GenM
"We're very proud to have joined the GenM revolution and be recognised as a brand that is leading the way in changing way that Menopause is treated and spoken about in our society. With GenM's support, we can't wait to continue helping people throughout the country with our products as well as creating a caring and nurturing internal culture for the women of OTO." - Gemma Colao, Founder & CEO of OTO.
To learn more about the 48 symptoms of the menopause, you can read through them here: https://gen-m.com/symptoms/.
If you want your brand or organisation to join the menopause revolution, contact GenM today at https://gen-m.com/contact-us/.